Auto Insurance in Texas
Buying auto insurance can sometimes feel like taking a leap of faith. You never really feel like you know you have the exact coverage you need. Part of the problem is that there are so many options available to you. The other part of the problem is that you might not be fully aware of what all the options really mean for you and your auto insurance protection.
Allen Jones Insurance Agency in New Braunfels, TX wants all Texas drivers to have the absolute confidence you have the right auto insurance protection to meet your needs and that you understand the auto insurance coverage you have. These are the types of auto insurance available for Texas drivers.
- Liability insurance. Perhaps the most important auto insurance protection you can purchase, this insurance helps you pay for damages to other people and their property if you’re found to be “at fault” in an accident. State law requires drivers to purchase at least $30,000 of injury coverage per person up to a total of $60,000 per accident. This is in addition to $25,000 in property damage protection. All Texas drivers should consider purchasing additional liability coverage since you will pay damage amounts exceeding your liability insurance protection out of pocket.
- Collision insurance. This pays for repairs to your car in an accident and is not included in liability-only coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance. Pays for damage to your car resulting from anything other than accidents (floods, fires, graffiti artists, etc.).
- Personal injury protection. Often referred to as PIP coverage, this insurance covers medical bills for yourself and your passengers as well as lost wages and other non-medical expenses. If you don’t want this coverage, the state of Texas requires you to notify your insurance company in writing, otherwise, it will be included in your policy.
- Medical payments insurance. This covers medical expenses for people in your vehicle and will also pay for injuries you sustain while a passenger in someone else’s vehicle, as a pedestrian, or while bicycling.
- Uninsured or Underinsured motorist insurance. This insurance is, sadly, necessary. It means that your repairs and medical care will still be taken care of if the person responsible for the accident has no insurance or too little insurance.
Are you ready to buy auto insurance? There’s still a lot to learn about your options. Call Allen Jones Insurance Agency today for the full scoop.